Empty. Really Empty.


I started with a different title. A different topic that I wanted to write about. But, although that topic would have been a blessing to others, I would really be typing what I am struggling to accept today. 

Faith in God is not about feelings, but I struggle with this. For the past few months, in the midst of a pandemic, I have been feeling empty. Really empty. I am angry. My anger frustrates me. My frustration drains me. I am feeling empty. I shared this with two girlfriends recently. Hoping to hear some form of encouragement. What I heard was the same response-they were feeling empty too. 

I feel as if I have been poured out literally. I am so full of information; I know what the signs all foretell. I know my Saviour is coming soon. I know enough. But I am spiritually dry. 

I am not throwing in the towel though. I have been a bit more open about how I am feeling, because when I can't pray, others can pray for me. I am also searching more into His words for a life changing- not information gleaning experience. I am also praying a bit more. 

Empty is not always a bad thing. I can look with hope to being filled again and being restored because of an empty tomb. This empty tomb reminds me that He who bore all my sins, had moments when He struggled... yet without sin... and he was victorious... to the point of leaving behind an empty tomb. May my empty tomb leaver, never leave me behind.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still In the Potter's Hand

Lessons from My Garden

Yet Will I Trust Him...